Re: [HeroQuest-rules]Hex maps

From: Labrygon_at_...
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 02:19:25 EST

> The good things about using Dragon Pass's board are: -
>
> - you know the time scale (each turn is a day)
>
> - it's nicely divided up into hexes (at the same
> scale as the Griffin Mountain map) so you can estimate
> distances fairly easily

And the same as Nomad gods and the same as Dagori Inkarth and the river of Cradles pull out from the Pavis boxed set. If you have them all you can fit them together.

> Oh, and you get some appreciation of the nature of
> Gloranthan warfare from it as well - none of this mass
> battle malarkey when some Dragon can pile in and sod
> your formation up. Likewise, sieges don't happen,
> Harrek or Jar Eel just hack away 'til all the
> defenders have snuffed it or run away.

And you can see a bear pawing (claw- exiles, head - far place) at a large red room.
Personally, I prefer the boardgame map. The only thing that is missing is the increasingly clifflike and mountainous ridge that is supposed to impede travel.

Keith