RE: Re: Movement rates

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:01:50 -0600

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>

>Except that you're back to assuming this is a contest. What we started
>with was "we want to get from A to B, a distance of X miles. How long
>should it reasonably take?"
>No contest. No rolls. Just "allow about Y days".

But then I agree with Bryan, "It takes a few days."

The only reason you need to know how long something takes in game time, IMO, is because there's some sort of time pressure associated with it. If not, then "A few days" or a couple of weeks for a long trip, always suffices. Heck, somtimes I don't even say that, I just say, "OK, jump forward to after you've completed the trip, and are standing in the court of Earl Ragnar, brandishing your sword at him, four dead retainers of his at your feet."

Mike