RE: Re: Movement rates

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:41:02 -0600

>From: "pedrodevaca" <pavis_gm_at_...>

> > Basically, use the system as it's designed to present the challenge
> > as it exists. In fact, unles you want to really detail each day,
> > don't roll each day, but instead come up with the whole trip as a
> > congolmerate roll.
>This is exactly what I would do for long trips where a roll is
>justified. Lately, I've been kicking around ideas for a story, or a
>major scene of a story, that showcases the journey itself as the key
>dramatic conflict - turning the trip into an extended contest.

That's really cool. Each day could be a bid, or week if it's a really long trek. The length would probably vary actually, as with any conflict, going somewhat with the size of the bid. Contests along the way would be "unrelated actions." I can really see that being an excellent way to build tension across the whole scenario. Good idea.

Mike