RE: Re: Movement rates

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:24:51 -0600

>From: ASHLEY MUNDAY <aescleal_at_...>
>
>How about using something simple like a contest of the
>number of miles marched as the resistance? You want to
>go 50 miles, you test against 10W2, which is going to
>be pretty damned hard.

That does make for a nice conversion. Add difficulty for less than optimal terrain, too, however:

Offroad +5
Hilly +5
Mountainous +20
etc.

I love that I can include in the calculation the effect of a good pair of boots. Would be fun to make them the casualty on a failure. "Wore a hole in my traveling boots!"

>Could be a laugh if someone really piles on the endurance.

Could be the sort of thing that legends are made of if your ratings are high enough. :-)

Mike