Re: Movement rates

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:36:46 +1100

At 02:02 PM 16/11/04, Jane wrote:
>OTOH, once you put in the modifiers, the results
>seemed to work. Light load (food, water, waterproofs
>etc.) and crossing "hills" (OK, so one of them was
>over 3000 feet), I did twenty miles in a day back when
>I was all young and fit. And that's what the chart
>predicts. And yes, for some of it I *was* running.
>Because I could, and it was fun :)
>
>(thinking about what I'd manage today, we do perhaps
>need an extra set of modifiers for "traveller is a
>couch/mouse potato", divide distances by 10?)

  The table is based on the character's base movement rate, which is in the GURPS system (yd/sec) and is 5 for an average person. I simplified that because HeroQuest doesn't use or need it.   If you want to add a couch potato modifier, just reduce the base rate of movement.

--
| Paul May               | paul.robert.may_at_...
| Kax Hoplodyne, Ltd     | kax_at_...
| MIB 1138; RD Australia | the_kax_at_...
| PGP key on www.pgp.net | spell_at_...

    I'm an omnitheist. You can't have too many messiahs.