Augmenting to Augment?

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:02:49 -0000

Reading someone else's play by post game, I was struck by a different interpretation of augmenting someone else.

Say Brute McHulk wants to augment his leader's Bargain.

He stands behind his leader, Smoothie Ap Talk, and is Huge 20 while Looking Scary 2W.

I've run this as Huge augments Looking Scary = 4W, which is the final target number Brute uses to augment Smoothie. So Brute augments +2 if he goes for the automatic gain.

In the Play by post game I'm reading, Brute gets to augment Smoothie with EACH appropriate skill, so Brute's Huge and Scary Looking both add +2 to Smoothie. That's twice the effect.

I suppose you could say that each augment requires an unrelated action, so the latter example would take more rounds to prep. On the other hand, you could say the same thing about Brute augmenting his own Scary Looking with Huge.

The Augmenting rules don't say anything specific about this.

Thanks,

Mike Dawson