Re: Augmenting to Augment?

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:14:11 -0600

>From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>

>Augmenting an Augmentor Ability is silly - the 1/10 reduction means
>that your +10 augment is reduced to a mere +1 in the final augment - not a
>good use of resources.

Sure, but if it gets something in...

Actually where I see this most often (which means like once in ten sessions), interestingly, is in an in appropriate 17 used to augment a more appropriate 13. The +2 raises it up to 15 to make for an overall +2 instead of +1. These situations are pretty common given the starting level of abilities. Yeah, obviously if you can argue in the 17 ability, it's better to get the overall +3 for the abilities. But sometimes it's more fun to explore it the other way. OK, rarely, but I've seen it.

Mike