Re: Digest Number 1709

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:17:06 +1100

At 07:01 PM 22/11/04, you wrote:
>Hmm. I had figured that was covered in the writeup, myself. I can be
>a bit more explicit - there's also rules for forced marches (but
>unlike the rest of the article, that bit has not been cleared by
>Issaries). I'm leery of playing the fraction game too heavily as one
>can get ludicrous (though possibly realistic) numbers. We don't have
>the benefits of Roman Roads in Wenelia - it's more like the voyageurs
>of the fur trade or travel in Dark Ages Europe... at least outside of
>the Trade Path that is.
>
>However, there's a limited amount of space I'm willing to devote in
>an 80 page book to getting around - even if trade and travel and
>running like heck is a major focus of the book.

  Both true.
  I'd just add about 10% or so for absolute max, and tell them that it's not sustainable and they'll need a rest. easy to do. ;)   Fortunately, my book doesn't need travel rates... "You go. Sometime later, you arrive." Except possibly for the last bit. But I'm not going to go into that. ;P

--
| Paul May               | paul.robert.may_at_...
| Kax Hoplodyne, Ltd     | kax_at_...
| MIB 1138; RD Australia | the_kax_at_...
| PGP key on www.pgp.net | spell_at_...

    I'm an omnitheist. You can't have too many messiahs.