Re: Augmenting to Augment?

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:44:19 -0000

> Augmenting an Augmentor Ability is silly - the 1/10 reduction means
> that your +10 augment is reduced to a mere +1 in the final augment -
not a
> good use of resources.

It rather depends on whether the resources are directly applicable or not.

<caveat> I would only bother with any of this for rolled augments </caveat>

Lets try an example.

Character A is spouting oratory.

Character B is augmenting A with Silver Tongue magical ability. B has a Magical Cystal Aids Magic 5W2 for augmenting any magic cast by the person holding it. As oratory is not magic and the orator is not holding the crystal a direct augment is not appropriate. On the other hand it would grant a +5 to the Silver Tongue ability which might improve the overall augment by +1. Which is not much of an effect but sometimes any improvement is better than none.

--
Nic