Re: Re: Augmenting to Augment?

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:08:47 +0000

> > Granted I'm new to HQ rules, but we just encountered this in game,
> > and the players and myself agreed that the rules for augmenting
> > others, as written, seem very singular. Thus far we have only
> > allowed a character to use one ability in total to augment another.
> >
> > -Mitch
>
>The main problem with that as I see it is that you will almost always
>be able to augment something with something else, probably giving you
>+2, end of story. I just think that ends up being a bit dull
 >
>Sam.

I've started a new campaign using the rule that only one augment is allowed. (*) To make that more attractive, however, I allow a +1 for every five points in the ability, rounding up. That seems to work quite well to my mind.

(*) There's an exception for magic which is kept up. Basically, a ten minute ritual allows a rolled augment, subject to the normal length of time modifiers. That allows prepared heroes to turn up in with all their magic on, but makes normal game play fast and furious.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson