Re: Re: Augmenting to Augment?

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:13:08 +0000

>Yeah, but what happens when your rival (Hates Darianus
>17) is dueling you to impress the parents of your true
>love (In Love With Anatara 5w) so that he can marry
>her, and not only your love but your honor (Honorable
>19) and your place in the community (Member of Three
>Feathered Crowns League 17) is on the line? As a
>player, I'd be extremely frustrated if I could only
>pick one of those abilities to use as an augment when
>they are all in play. That takes a huge amount of
>HeroQuest's oomph away, and makes any number of
>abilities that usually only come into play as augments
>pretty useless.

Under my rules you get a +5, under the official rules (I think!) a +9 from 4 augments. Mine's quicker, and less prone to getting ridiculous.

Doubt any real player would care - HQ is the only system that allows augmenting at all, so they're pretty used to "pick the best".

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson