RE: Re: Augmenting to Augment?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:52:18 -0000

 Graham Robinson
> > Doubt any real player would care

Would you mind defining "real player" here? From context it would appear to exclude a lot of people on this list, and we all look pretty "real" to me.

>> - HQ is the only system that allows
> > augmenting at all, so they're pretty used to "pick the best".

Mike Dawson:
> Not exactly true. Systems (like RQ) that have attack, defense
> etc bonuses are examples of
> ones where many augments are built in and always on.

And, I hate to say it, but I seem to remember D20 allowing some half-baked and clumsy attempt at the same thing.

True, I don't know of anything else that makes it as easy and smooth and dramatic as HQ. That's (one reason) why I'm playing HQ.