Re: Augments

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:27:01 -0000

> Doesn't that involve an awful lot of rolling dice? It
> sounds dramatic all right, and I like the idea of the
> "after you discover you've failed" use of skills,
> though I think I'd use that to justify HP spend, but
> it seems like a lot of complicated Numbers. And I
> don't like Numbers. I'd rather do some dramatic prose
> ending with "so that's six lots of +2, then"

Keith's system might be a lot of work for Keith, but its very simple for a player - "you get frozen and eaten by trolls" or similar I recall, unless you do something using an augment and then narrate it. It's the one system which I think most emphasizes the narration of that fun augment, as you the player know it has made all the difference and Keith says you can't have it unless you narrate it properly.

Also, Keith's using of a ten-point system (vs. 20) I think makes augments double the size but I can't be entirely sure - and of course it makes ties more common, so you wheel out your augment.

Sam.