Re: Digest Number 1711

From: simonbrayuk_at_...
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:00:01 EST

In a message dated 24/11/2004 08:01:29 GMT Standard Time, HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

> Is there a modifier for lighter than normal load? A post rider with a new
>horse every 10 miles, for example, or a hero handing his gear to his other
>hero band members and sprinting? Ie., how fast can you get?

Hi All,

 Not wisihing to pedantic, but none of this should be relevant to the epic narrative and gameplay which HQ encourages, the rider should be as quick as the story requires, 'travelling upon the winds', 'driven by the will of his ancestors', 'speeded by a dedication to the saints and commitment to duty' are of more concern to HQ than minor details such as these. I once got into a movement rate debate in RQ with my players that went on for days, and don't even ask about the donkey-water-praxian survival requirements argument. I am glad that I have been able to leave these behind and got more into the story.

Simon