Re: Augments

From: Darren Hill <rpglists_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:41:48 -0000

Thoughts from a lurker:
Mike H. has said that he uses very few Extended Contests. I wonder if those who don't like the standard multiple augment system use a lot of extended conflicts (more than one per session, say), and those who like it tend to have less extended contests.
I know from my limited play experience, going through the augments was not a problem with simple contests but was a serious chore in extended contests and tended to result in stratification of skill choices (you stuck with what you used in the first round, for simplicity).

Darren