Re: Digest Number 1712

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:51:39 +0000 (GMT)

> I agree about the failure aspect - I like my system
> because it (even more
> clearly IMO) would illustrate the above, that
> augment failed, but even though is
> love wasn't enough, perhaps his loyalty to her
> father might swing it. OK, so I
> admit this is more dice driven than player driven -
> the character might
> realise that his love for her was not as important
> as he thought,

Yes, this side of things is great, and not just for augments. My Humakti has managed a really lousy dice roll each of the last few times she's tried to use a feat off one particular affinity. She's now seriously worried that she's inadvertantly offended Humakt in some way, and is doing extra praying and trying to act more piously than normal as a result(*). Divinations will happen as soon as she gets a break with no-one trying to kill her friends for a bit.

And yes, I can see that separating out each augment so you can see *which* one failed would make it even more fun. I'm just not sure about not using an augment at all unless you need it.
"Oh, I failed, in that case I'll remember the undying love for Fred that had previously slipped my mind..."

(*) This is for a character who already tries to obey *all* geases whether she's got them or not :)

Jane Williams

Moving house? Beach bar in Thailand? New Wardrobe? Win �10k with Yahoo! Mail to make your dream a reality. Get Yahoo! Mail www.yahoo.co.uk/10k