Re: Poker Chips (Was: Digest Number 1713)

From: Darran Sims <darransims_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:08:53 -0000

Mike Holmes wrote:
> Has anyone seen a poker version of the mechanic where you
> simply try to end up with all of the opponent's chips? Hmmm.

You could try poker? ;-)

I have been using poker chips in my HW/HQ games now since Battlemasters 2002. They do help speed up extended contests. The players can see what they have got and will know how well they are doing in the contest. They do make the typical gamblers mistake and over extend themselves.
It must be the clink, clink sound they make when being thrown into the centre of the room. Lots of BIG bids ;-)

I can now have two, three or even more ECs in a four hour session no problem. No big finale to save up your augments [and spirit fetishes] for to over power the NPCs.

How many others use poker chips, coloured beads or other counting methods?