RE: Re: Augmenting to Augment?

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 10:31:47 -0600

>From: "bigblackcatmail" <bigblackcatmail_at_...>

>Otherwise, simple contests are way open to abuse, IMO.

How so?

>I don't know why this hasn't already been mentioned. We've used this
>in Mike's ShadowWorld-HQ game and it's totally in line with the AP
>lending rules (if my memory is playing tricks on me and it isn't
>actually written in the rules).

Well,that would be in line with the AP lending rules, yes. However, though I've often required variable augment rolls, I've also just gone with straight augments in these situations when player hero helps player hero. In fact, I think I go that way more often than requiring a roll.

In any case, I don't see a problem with either way of doing it. Don't have a book right here, so I can't say what the official method is from that. I thought I was using the by the book method, but now you have me unsure.

Mike