Re: Contest Mechanic Oddity

From: Robin D. Laws <rdl_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 17:48:52 -0500

At 05:40 PM 5/26/00 -0400, Michael W. Ryan wrote:

>Oh, I agree completely that going with a "rolling low is good" convention
>is a good thing. I just think that this effect can wind up being unfair.

Whenever you deal with a statistical oddity like this the question is how much simplicity you want to sacrifice in order to stamp it out. Conveniently, the people most bothered by the anomaly are the likeliest to be willing to accept additional complexity. They should probably adopt the house rule you proposed, or something like it.

Take care >>> Robin