Re: The Numbers

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:05:58 +1100

At 06:34 PM 1/12/04, ABarton wrote:
>Mike Holmes made several comments that make sense to me. I think the
>overriding issue is the needs of the story ...

  That's true. But the GM can't use arbitrary values for things all the time. As Jane's original problem went, there is a fixed distance and a fixed time, and difficulty values have to be based around that and the variation from 'normal' travel speed.

--
| Paul May               | paul.robert.may_at_...
| Kax Hoplodyne, Ltd     | kax_at_...
| MIB 1138; RD Australia | the_kax_at_...
| PGP key on www.pgp.net | spell_at_...

    I'm an omnitheist. You can't have too many messiahs.