RE: Re: The Numbers

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:43:12 -0600

>From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
>
>At 06:34 PM 1/12/04, ABarton wrote:
> >Mike Holmes made several comments that make sense to me. I think the
> >overriding issue is the needs of the story ...

> That's true. But the GM can't use arbitrary values for things all the
>time. As Jane's original problem went, there is a fixed distance and a
>fixed time, and difficulty values have to be based around that and the
>variation from 'normal' travel speed.

True, but I agreed that the Narrator needs to know the details in these cases. The question is not that, but do the players need to know?

Sometimes the answer is yes. For example, if the heroes are being attacked by two Broo, that's pretty significant. But I will say that if there are more than 5 or so, I'm saying it's "Several" and using the group rules.

Mike