Re: Augmenting to Augment?

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:45:36 +0000

>My understanding of the situation thus far is that most people on
>this list propose that a PC can automatically augment another PC's
>action whenever they want with no penalty or repercussion (and that
>this is implicitly supported in the HeroQuest text if not flat out
>written down in there somewhere). The only caveats to this rule are
>that the character must be in the same vicinity and the GM must
>*approve* of the augment. The primary debate seems to be whether a PC
>can add one, more than one or as many augments as can fit in Santa's
>sleigh to another PC's action.

I'd put it this way - if it makes sense that the Heroes could help each other in the way the players described then it is handled as an augment. And provided they can sensibly describe how they are bringing all the augmenting abilities to bear then there is no rules-imposed limit on the number of augments they can provide. And that is the way it is meant to be.

My fundamental rule of HeroQuest - the purpose of the mechanics is to support the narrative.

If an action makes sense in terms of the story (in the sense of following the internal logic) then the purpose of the mechanics is to represent it, not forbid it.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.