Re: Re: Augmenting to Augment?

From: joshua neff <joshua_neff_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:58:50 -0800 (PST)

> Hi Joshua. I'm not sure what level of upset you are
> with me in your
> post. The tone is a definite put-off for me but I'm
> willing to suck
> it up. I'm not really worked up in a sense that I'm

angry/upset/crying-in-a-corner/swallowing-handfuls-of-pills.
> There is
> as much "tongue-in-cheek" stuff in my last post as
> there is heart-
> felt torment. Really, can anyone take a guy who
> compares a ruleset
> with Roseanne Barr and Jack Black doing the lambada
> *that* seriously?

I'm not any level of "upset" with you. I certainly wasn't typing my reply to you with any kind of anger or chastisement implied. Any tone you've infered from it is coming from you, not me. But I take you as seriously as I take anyone else on this list, regardless of imagery in your posts. I assume you're as serious as everyone else here, or why bother replying to you?

I don't think anyone here is saying you *can't* run HeroQuest one way or another. You've been told what the official rules are and you've been told that the rules as written work fine. If people are exploiting them in games you're playing in--either play with different people or change the rules. Or both. But to expect HeroQuest to be "unbreakable" is unrealistic, because no game is "unbreakable," as Mike and Mark and I have already noted.

If you already know that Your Glorantha May Vary and Maximum Game Fun are always in effect, what's the problem? Change the mechanics to suit your group's needs and move on.

At this point, I'm really not sure what your problem with the rules is or your problem with the responses you've gotten.

--joshua m. neff

www.goblin-cartoons.com

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free! http://my.yahoo.com