Re: Augmenting to Augment?

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:24:15 +0000

>8. Paul replies with: "Just do whatever supports the story."

Just to make sure that I am not misunderstood, I mean that the story must make sense. While an individual GM can choose to use other narrative-related considerations they are a matter of personal style.

Moreover I'm not suggesting that there won't be people who try to game the system. I just say that I don't have to allow it. When a player tried to use three different running related abilities to Augment a jump I said that he could use one - a good run-up will help but it certainly didn't make sense to add up augments like that.

Oh, and did you know that the GM has the option to insist that an augment of another character is a rolled augment - it's in the rules (p80).

And if you want to REALLY game HeroQuest in Glorantha - take a True Dragon as a sidekick :-)

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.