Re: Contest Mechanic Oddity

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 00:29:05 +0200

Robin D. Laws 00-05-27 00.48

>At 05:40 PM 5/26/00 -0400, Michael W. Ryan wrote:
>
>>Oh, I agree completely that going with a "rolling low is good" convention
>>is a good thing. I just think that this effect can wind up being unfair.
>
>Whenever you deal with a statistical oddity like this the
>question is how much simplicity you want to sacrifice in

Exactly. The HW system is full of statistical oddities, though certainly no worse than many other systems, but I don't let them bother me because the system has enough advantages as it is. No gaming system is perfect. Start tweaking the things that are 'wrong' and you risk wrecking the things that are right.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg