Re: Can followers multiply augment?

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:15:46 -0000

Me? Gah, I'm just opinionated, not educated!

What triggered the question in my mind was working out sample augments for my hero in a PBEM HQ game I've joined. In areas of much skill/personality trait density, my hero can work up a mastery of augments on his own....then a follower, in their area of specialty, adds +2. Which seems rather underwhelming.

On the other hand, there is already a lot of augmentation digging to be done, not sure that adding more multi-augments from followers is a good idea. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is a bad idea....except that for the augment value it seems taking a follower who isn't apt to help in extended contests is of very limited value, mostly you'd be better off with another ability instead. (in extended contests I can see occasions where the AP bonus option is valuable). For example, a hunter would almost for sure get more use of a "good aim" ability over a follower dog/alynx with "help hunt."

Not a big deal, it just struck me as peculiar.

--Bryan