Re: Can followers multiply augment?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:57:00 -0800

> Can a follower augment someone more than once out a keyword, if the
> keyword contains multiple relevant abilities? For example, if you
> were trying to heal someone and had a Bevera the Medic follower, she
> has a few relevant skills (such as first aid and stitch & splint), as
> well as a heal people affinity. Can she augment just once ("my
> follower augments me for +2 from her Bevera key word"), or once for
> each relevant ability (assuming enough time to do so)?

Two (or more) schools of thought on that... (c'mon, we did this less than 6 months ago, I *know* it...)

  1. Sure, go ahead, no problem, load them on. Maybe restrict them to 3 augments total, or not, as you choose. It's a keyword, so anything a player can do, his follower should be able to do as well. It might take some rounds to build up a good augment "pool", if you make the follower spend "unrelated actions" to "power up".
  2. Only one Keyword augment, because the keyword is "acting like an ability", and you can only augment once with any particular ability.
  3. Only once, because you're *really* using your "Relationship to [Follower]" ability, and you can only augment once... Even though you're "Relationship" isn't providing the augment, it still counts against the "one augment per ability" rule. (Okay, *three* schools of thought...)

Sidekicks:

1(S) - The sidekick has three other skills to augment with in addition to his/her keyword, so is even more impressive as an augment battery. Woohoo!

2(S) - A Sidekick, since he has a keyword and three abilities, could provide up to 4 augments, assuming you built him right.

3(S) - A Sidekick *still* only provides one augment, because you're working off of "Relation" as you single ability.

For ease during play, I would probably use version 2, depending on how I felt.

RR
- Richelieu