Re: Common-magic talismans

From: yuskim1 <yuskim1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:04:27 -0000

Sorry, I meant the objects that act as a focus for common magic spells of a wizardly nature.

In the Wizardry chapter of the HeroQuest book we find...

Page 161 'Once an orderly has used a spell ..., he cannot use it again until he "recharges" the talisman.'

Page 164 'Unlike orderlies, adepts do not need to recharge their talismans, and can cast a spell as often as they like.'

The couple of paragraphs devoted to common magic spells do not address the issue of recharging but since they are found in the Adepts section (rather than in the Orderly section) I'm guessing that implies they work for common magic practitioners as they do for adepts.

It's either that or have the leader of the common magic religion (who makes the talismans in the first place) a de-facto order liturgist and have him reconsecrate the talismans each week. But this is getting too far away from the apparent simplicity of common magic for my liking.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,