Re: Tap Spell

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:41:13 -0000

I loathe tapping in any form in any game. As a narrator I will never have it in my Glorantha. I would never play in a game that it could be used against players.

My reason is that at best its a kind of 'Blade Venom' - a game construct mechanic. If I had a character that had an ability tapped, well then I wouldn't want to play that character.

I played in an AD&D campaign and over a year rose from Level 3 to level 6 - then met a wraith and learned that it could suck levels away. What rot. I promptly discarded that character and created a new one. Tapping is the same for my money.

Just a personnal view of course.

Regards
Rob