Re: Tap Spell

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:48:34 -0000

> >Basically it's only taught to sorcerers that have mastered the
order's
> >grimoires to two masteries each.
>
> For my tastes, this makes tapping a bit too rare -- akin to a
secret.
> It should be common enough that people are tempted to use it.

I would think that it should be school dependant. - Some would never, ever, teach it. Some would teach it only to masters, not that they should ever use it but it is important to undersand the potentials and there could be a crisis where it could be justified.
- Some would probably teach it to each adept, and let them use their own judgement.
- I don't think any order would teach it to an apprentice, even if they have no moral qualms it is just to dangerous (and besides they should have to work hard for their abilities, and shouldn't be tapping things that you might need to use someday).

Of course, there is always the less skilled person who somehow deciphers their masters notes, was taught illegitmately, learned from some demonic/chaotic power, or just figured it out on their own. It is a great set up for the sorcerors apprentice drunk on power scenario. He makes one bad move and tries to cover it up by doing something really worse, repeat and escalate, until finally he gets caught and is fleeing for his life, committing whatever attrocities are needed to stay alive and free. So maybe the quarry isn't that skilled, but he has so many AP/edge points/free bumps available that he is extremely dangerous until worn down.....

--Bryan