crunchycontest

From: Luc Lavergne <Arkat_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:52:46 -0500 (EST)

I have been running a gamma world campaign using old GW 3rd edition rules but being a huge theoretical heroquest fan (having bought every book but having played only a few games) I decided to convert it to Heroquest. I have already set out the information I need to create characters (like homelands, occupations, mutations !).

I did a test combat and we faced the famous problem of ranged combat in an extended contest. I tried to resolve the situation pretty much like what is written on the heroquest website gm advice section but it was far from satisfactory - maybe the simulationists in us from the old RQ era were showing themselves ;)

I stumbled upon a pdf on the hqrule egroup website called crunchycontest.pdf and the rules proposed inside make a lot of sense to me, especially for ranged combat. I would like to use them in my GW campaign (I call the game GammaQuest !) and I would like to know if any of you here have tested them and if so, what your conclusions have been.

thanks for your help,

Luc Lavergne

L�che-vitrine ou l�che-�cran ?
magasinage.yahoo.ca