Re: god talkers

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:49:35 -0000

I think my inclination would be to say that one keyword starts at the usual (17 in most cases) and you can have the second one, but at 13. Then you can raise particular skills out of it to help the character make sense.

That does seem a little harsh in that I could see it really killing certain character concepts. Also it varies with religion, because some give most of the skills you would need for the related profession anyway (i.e if you are a god-talker of Bevera, taking "healer" at 13 wouldn't be too rough, because the Bevera keyword contains most of the skills a healer needs.

I guess the other simple way you could play it is let both keywords at 17, just so long as it feels right (i.e. no min-maxing action, the character seems reasonable to the narrator and balanced with the other heroes).

--Bryan