Norse Runes

From: bryan thomas <nagilfar_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:56:59 -0800 (PST)

Hello all.

I am working on using Heroquest for a Viking Era earth setting. I want to adapt the system to fit traditional Viking rune magic. Any ideas on how that might play out? In GURPS you have base skill and you have access to a certain number of runes. You then combine 2-3 of them together to improvise a spell effect.

How would something like that play out in HQ? Would one rune be primary and augmented by other that are secondary? Each rune have a rating and roll under the lowest?

Thanks!