Re: Experience Contribution (was Possible house rules onconcentrating magic)

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:35:55 -0000

> I admit that I was tempted to junk them, for no better reason than
the
> need to track how many XP were spent here and there - do you keep
track of
> fractions? Do you only let PCs spend HP in batches of 10 to keep
things
> simple? Too fiddly :)

Keep a rough running total and use it when a player is trying to get a benefit from his cult and/or god. If they have strayed to far from the suggested level then assign them a penalty "We are not only here for when you have problems you know". You could also use it the other way too - if players eem to be spending all their HP on magic then have someone suggest that unless they are a cloistered priest (or cultural equivalent) then their is a life outside the temple too...