Re: Experience Contribution

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:11:51 -0000

> Back on topic, however, I've got a Carmanian Adept in that game,
who's in Sartar for the long run. So I'm running into trouble figuring out how he's going to keep his committments....Any other thoughts on what he'd spend his 30% (or whatever) time committment on?

Is there some reason why the adept couldn't just practice his spells, which you'd represent by spending points on them? I know David allows that sort of thing in his game. For example, one of the characters in his game worked on his combat skills while he was waiting for a wedding, by setting up his own practice ground.

My canoe fanatic character has it a little harder, since practicing many of his abilities requires access to a navigable body of water. He practiced the mundane skills he learned from the cult (e.g. swimming, canoeing) when he was in reach of water, and on the one dry-land affinity he has (Perception) otherwise. He also spent a lot of time praying, represented by points spent on his piety relationship (Initiate of Biazoch), even though this meant filling his canoe full of water and swimming in that when he was stuck in a Jolar oasis on his high holy day.

Rob