What useful purpose do the concentrated magic rules serve?

From: Nick Hollingsworth <nick.hollingsworth_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:32:10 -0000

Hmmm. Its bad form to quote yourself; so please forgive me, I try not to make a habit of it. But I just said that the concentrated magic rules are a mistake and dont achieve anything useful. I expected opinion to be divided, with perhaps a rebuffal from some quarters, but no one batted an eyelid.

Does that mean its taken as a given, the whole community agrees and is already ignoring those rules? Or does everyone lurve the concentrated magic rules because they have some purpose that has escaped me and assumes that I am posting a troll?