RE: Re: Experience Contribution

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:37:52 -0600

>From: "parental_unit_2" <parental_unit_2_at_...>

>However, it's not clear to me how a devoted worshipper of a god of
>warriors (e.g. Destor the Adventurer) would show his devotion in-game
>any differently from a mundane sword-swinger.

Oh, this part is easy. It's the "form of worship" column on the table. Namely:

Theism - sacrifice
Animism - ecstatic worship
Wizardry - veneration

Basically you do rituals. You pray to your god, or you send something to him. You go to the temple, or other sacred places. You worship.

Or do I miss your point? Humakti don't worship by practicing their sword-swinging, they do this because it's also pious for them in addition to worship. But I'm sure that they huddle in little groups around black rocks, and chant to the god, offering him the blood of the slain. Or whatever. How well they do it is based on their "Worship Humakt" ability.

Mike