Re: Are 3 worlds and concentration a "new truth"?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 10:47:13 -0000

Going back to what I said earlier - Runequest was a game system that Glorantha was Added to. Heroquest it seems to me was designed to fit Glorantha.

I haven't had a copy of RQ3 for ages now, but wasn't there a section in the magic book talking about various different planes? The magic book alluded to the otherworlds didn't it? And as for everyone using spirit magic and only acolytes and priests using divine or rune magic, well that was more a function of the rules and game balance than a Gloranthan reality.

I think its fairly redundant to discuss all this as the game and probably Glorantha has moved on since those early days. Just look at Apple Lane. I played in return to Apple Lane (a heroquest scenario - first rate!) and GM'd the RQ2 module. Apple Lane is now essentially superceded by the changes of Heortling culture but I excuse that for nostalgic reasons. And anomolies were good enough for Tolkein (Bombadill for example) so I feel comfortable with keeping Aple Lane as it is. YGWV and MGF and all that.

By the way, does anyway play in or around Apple Lane in a Heroquest game? Have they kept it as it always was?

Regards
Rob