Re: Digest Number 1752

From: Labrygon_at_...
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:30:32 EST

In a message dated 9/01/2005 10:58:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time, HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

> "The three worlds theory is really some sort of God Learner theory. Its
> not how most people *in* glorantha think. And we know its not how
> things actually work."

I'm in the "don't like concentration" camp but not becasue I don't think the theory is true. I just find the concentration mechanics a bit clunky, or not representing the concept properly. Perhaps I just don't like the word. I might prefer "focused" or "aligned" or "pure" (as in "pure theist"). Mechanics-wise, I thought that it was a combination of the method used to worship the entity, and the entity itself that was the problem, so if it were to be re-designed from scratch I would have got rid of "worship" as the standard phrase and replaced it with "venerate", "sacrifice to" and "ecstatic communion with" (or something), and perhaps make each mehtod a negative augment on the other, or even take one away from the other.

Keith