Re: Re: Ash's Guide To How To Live With Ability Monsters

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:11:02 -0800

> 2. Narrators might want to think about whether they want to encourage
> these tactics in their game, and how. For example, it's possible for a
> narrator to involve a less-capable character in a contest simply by
> contriving an opponent "of his own size" for the character to "pick on".

The only problem (and it's a "social contract" one, true in every game system, not really solvable with rules) is the combat monster casually picking off the "easy target" on his way to the Big Baddie, leaving the poor lower-ability guy with either: nothing to do again, or suicidally taking on Big Bad.

I suggest smacking the Combat Monster *player* upside the head when he does that. Only way he'll learn. :-).

RR
- Richelieu