Re: Re: Are 3 worlds and concentration a "new truth"?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:01:49 +0000 (GMT)

> Jane:
>
> > So theists using spirit magic on a regular basis
> *is* a part of
> > Glorantha, and has been for decades.
> >
> > So.... What happened?
>
> In the RQ days, the discussion was about Fetches,
> Allied Spirits and
> Familiars. You could only have one, and this choice
> denoted a
> permanent change in the character's relationship to
> the magical world.

Well, yes, but you could have Spirit magic, as an initiate. In fact, it was about all you could have. And whether you called it "battle magic" or "common magic" instead is beside the point - you got it from spirits. You knew what power they were, you had them summoned for you, you tried to overcome them. Resulting on one occasion in my character being possessed by a Bladesharp 4 for a while until we found a friendly shaman.

Spirits. Definitely. As the *standard* way in which initiates did magic.

Jane Williams