Re: New players to a campaign

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:41:50 -0000

to be fair Jane, i'd do that with you but not with some of the people I have gamed with. I don't know if I would trust myself!!

> Balance? Fairness? This is for fun, it's not a competition. Just
as long
> as we have consistency, why *shouldn't* the new PC be a Patron a
mastery
> higher than the other PCs, who got written up in more detail and
> adopted? If you trust the player, that is.

I don't think this is workable for most groups. If it works in your game fine, but the rules do mention this sort of thing - people wanting more exerienced characters and all that.

> And if you don't - get some
> new players.

Not so easy to come by these days!!

Also look at some fiction genre's. Just because a character is advanced in years it doesn't mean he has mondo skill levels IMO.

Regards
Rob