Re: Re: New players to a campaign

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:07:35 +0000 (GMT)

> > ASHLEY MUNDAY wrote:
> > > There's no reason in HQ why a new
> > > character has to have comparable abilities to
> the
> > > characters that are already there. It's not like
> DnD
> > > where a low level character can't adventure with
> > > higher level ones.

Benedict:
> > Not in my experience.

Rob:
> I think I am with ben here, unless perhaps they
> bring something
> quite unique to the party that is very relevant to
> the game/scenario

But if they're *not* bringing something unique to the party, why are you running them? If they don't have a "distinguishing feature", why are they any more than a Follower? even if it's "yet another Destor initiate from the same clan with the same weapons", he'll be known for his bag-pipe playing at dawn? His love of cheese (carries it everywhere, very smelly)? His incredibly annoying little sister who follows him everywhere? Any PC's *got* to have their speciality, or why bother?

And whatever it is, it *will* be relevant to the scenario. The first time. After that, whatever new link, item, relationship etc. they picked up in *that* scenario can be used as a hook.

Jane Williams