Re: New players to a campaign

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:46:09 -0000

> Rob:
> > I think I am with ben here, unless perhaps they
> > bring something
> > quite unique to the party that is very relevant to
> > the game/scenario

> Jane:
> But if they're *not* bringing something unique to the
> party, why are you running them? If they don't have a
> "distinguishing feature", why are they any more than a
> Follower?

I think what I am getting at here is having something more about them than perhaps a fondness for cheese or some other whimsical type ability we invest our characters with. No, I meant something like a begining sage or perhaps healer in a group of advanced warriors. maybe a Kev visionary. Not *another warrior* who quite frankly isn't as good at twatting Broo as the rest of the team.

Now, a warrior who has a raft of abilities from his narrative that make him fit the special, as suggested above - thats the true spirit of Heroquest!

I'm not sure if I am communicating what I mean...

Regards
Rob