party balance?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:04:40 +0000 (GMT)

> There's something really scary about the idea that
> characters have to be somehow "equivalent" or
> "balanced."

Then let me throw you a really scary idea. At least, it scares me. Swords campaign, again. We're all roughly the same sort of power level. But, Humakti have this "discipline" thing. Military ranks. You obey your superior officer without question, or die.

The rest of the PCs voted my PC as their ten-thane. In-game, they obey her orders, or get executed.

Imbalance??? Like I say, it terrifies me! The other players don't seem too worried about it (possibly because I post things like "I'm about to order you to do X, any OOC objections?"), but the whole "party leader" concept seems to me to be a real problem if what you want is "balance".

And ISTR that the rules strongly suggest that you *should* have a "party leader". Can't find a page reference off-hand, though.

Jane Williams