Re: improvising feats

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:09:13 -0000

I think the point is that your _hero_ is not thinking something new up. By definition they can't cast magic that is new to their god. But they say "I remember when Issaries talked so quickly to the dolphins that he convinced them before they had finished taking a breath, so I improvise that "talk fast" feat.

You know your god did it--but you don't know the details of how to learn it properly, to do it with full skill.

You can't improvise a feat of something your god never did--your magic is your gods magic, you can't add to that*.

*OK, barring experimental heroquesting, which technically is not adding to it but rather redefining what was always there, if I understand it properly.

-Bryan