RE: Re: Are 3 worlds and concentration a "new truth"?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:02:15 -0000

> Have you considered that while HQ doubled the hero point
> price of affinities for the average Gloranthan it also made
> those affinities far more useful?

It has? I hadn't realised they'd changed.

Change bars. Like I say, we need them! There was a nice document about how to convert characters, but nothing to say "this has changed" for the rest of it.

> In HQ, an unconcentrated initiate can still improvise a feat
> with an additional penalty of -7 over HW but, more
> importantly, only has to overcome a resistance of
> 14 for most mundane challenges. Under HW you faced the same
> resistance as a mundane ability of the same name would have done.

You did? I thought magic had always been resisted with "best magical ability"?

> As an example compare how easily you can dish out healing in
> HQ compared to HW.

It's changed?

> Gone are the resistances of with masteries
> in them. An unconcentrated initiate of Bevarra can do healing
> with a 1W healing affinity that would have taken 13W or so in HW.

???

Never mind a purely theoretical magical healing ability I've never seen, that'll do my "first aid" ability no end of good!

(checks index, with a happy glow at there being one) - oh, no it won't. Drat. Mundane healing is now harder than magical. As if a geased Humakti's life wasn't hard enough already :((