RE: Re: improvising feats

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:18:52 -0000

> >Otherwise we have a chicken/egg situation. Where did the
> existing feats
> >come from? Someone, once, must have taught themselves how
> to do them.
> >And if they can, we can.

> Sure, but at much greater complexity/cost than the basic
> rules for cementing improvised feats!

Oh, sure. But then greater complexity than "you can't" isn't hard :)

Let's see, what would you require?

"mythology of <deity>" at quite a high resistance, but with large modifiers for the player having come up with a good myth.

The affinity the new feat will be in, also quite a high resistance. You need to understand how that sort of magic "feels" at a deep level to play this sort of trick.

Now "just" HQ the myth. I'd say if you only want the feat for the leader, practice level should be enough. After all, that's enough to teach a known feat to others. But I think I'd also say that you need a complete victory to cement your feat. Partial victories would just give you bonuses to improvising the feat next time you want to do it.