Re: Sartar Rising books

From: ASHLEY MUNDAY <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:39:57 +0000 (GMT)

It isn't just you - I felt the same way when I read them:

"Now you lot just sit on the sidelines and amuse yourselves while the big boys and girls do their stuff."

Especially the "Battle of Iceland" and the sky ship abomination. The next one will carry on in the same vein, 'cause no matter what the players do some bloody great dragon is going to unearth itself. However, most people seem to think "The Cradle" was the greatest Gloranthan RQ scenario ever written so obviously the rest of the world likes different things.

Part of my dislike, to be fair, is down to playing style. I very rarely know where a session is going and any preparation I do is background based. Ironically, the first book in the series is a bit better than the rest as it contains more ideas and background than the other two.

Cheers,

Ash