Re: Re: Are 3 worlds and concentration a "new truth"?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:33:22 +0000 (GMT)

> Assuming you decided that you had
> concentrated your magic, the cost stayed the same as
> always, 3 points per +1.
>
> Raising affinities only costs double if you are
> unconcentrated, and
> the only reason to be unconcentrated is because you
> are also using
> common magic or are bizarrely following two types of
> religions.

Or because you're a NORMAL Orlanthi? The distinction just hadn't been made before. No-one knew the difference between concentrated and unconcentrated, common magic was never expressed as such, just "there" as part of your affinities or skills or whatever.

So when we're deciding whether the default HW person was concentrated or unconcetrated, you have to go by what's normal for the culture. And that's unconcentrated: concentration is for weirdos who reject the "common" (called that for a reason!) magic provided by their ancestors and clan.

Jane Williams